1/04/2005

Are Your Employees Engaged?

"This 12 statements encapsulizes what I would think is the ideal environment for an ideal employee.

1. I know what is expected of me at work
2. I have the materials and equipment I need to do my work right
3. At work I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day
4. In the last seven days I have received recognition or praise for doing good work
5. My supervisor or someone at work, seems to care about me as a person
6. There is someone at work who encourages my development
7. At work my opinions seem to count
8. The mission or purpose of my company makes me feel that my job is important
9. My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work
10. I have a best friend at work
11. In the last six months someone at work has talked to me about my progress
12. This last year I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.

The above 12 statements measure how engaged an employee is at work. 'Engaged' is a combination of how motivated, excited, interested, dedicated, committed, and satisfied people are in their day-to-day activities."

From Reflections of a Business-Driven Life.