11/15/2004

An Entrepreneur Answers Questions

From terrygold.com

"Was it scary to quit your job and start a company?
Yes, but…the real fear doesn't come from starting your company. It comes later when you are running your company.

At what point did you feel like your company was going to make it?
It took about a year and a half, maybe two years…

Should I have a partner?
I think so...

Should I bootstrap or get venture capital?
I'm happy that we bootstrapped but there were certainly times I wished we had a bank account full of someone else's money….

How much money do I need to start?
Enough to keep going until your business can generate enough cash to sustain itself… [or] "More than you think." Seriously - Rule Number One is Never Run Out of Cash…

Can I start a company in my spare time?
I think you can plan a company in your spare time and maybe get it started but until you commit to the venture I don't think you're going to be able to create the momentum you need to create a successful company…

Are all entrepreneurs crazy?
Yes…

Have you found it hard to go from being a techie to an administrator?
…A CEO needs to be much more than an administrator…”