8/26/2004

The Platinum Question

From the book How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life by Michael Leboeuf:

A young boy entered a drugstore phone booth and the druggist overheard the following conversation:

"Hello, is this the Smith residence? ... I would like to apply for the opening you have for a gardener. ... What's that, you already have a gardener? ... Is he a good gardener? ... Are you perfectly satisfied with all of his work? ... Is he not doing anything that you would like to have done? ... Do you plan on keeping him? ... I see ... Well, I'm glad you're getting such excellent service. Thanks anyway. Bye."

As he left the phone booth the druggist remarked, "Johnny, I couldn't help overhearing your conversation. I know it's none of my business, but aren't you the Smiths' gardener?" To which Johnny replied, "That's right. I just called to find out how I'm doing."

Via the StoryBlog