Consider Collaboration Contract in Addition to University Tech Transfer License

From Larta:

"In addition to the common licensing agreement, a company should consider negotiating an industrial contract after reviewing the invention disclosure.

An industrial contract could be in the form of a material transfer agreement, a collaboration agreement, a master agreement or a sponsored research agreement during the early stages of research. The company may feel that the invention has the potential to solve practical problems and create new or better products but is currently at too early a stage and needs further development, and that collaboration with university researchers and guidance from the company would ensure a smooth and efficient technology transfer process. In such a situation the involved funds and expertise may benefit all parties."